1996 Ford Ranger consumer reviews

$10,575–$sixteen,560 MSRP range

side view of 1996 Ranger Ford

96% of drivers recommend this automobile

Rating breakdown (out of 5):

  • Comfort 3.eight
  • Interior design iv.0
  • Performance 4.ane
  • Value for the money four.5
  • Exterior styling 3.ix
  • Reliability 4.5

Best vehicle yet.

Purchased my XL Extended cab new in 1995. Four cylinder engine, but with the dual plug system. Has 243,000 miles on it, at 236K replaced the timing belt, just replaced the clutch, at 210K did replace some front end steering parts, found out the youngsters ran it in the ditch, kids! So far I accept yet to tune it upwards, just keeps running and running. Best vehicle ever as far as I'm concerned, it was a daily commuter car but has been relegated to work around the neighborhood. Don't know if I can office with it even though I purchased a new vehicle.

Show total review

Bought it new in 1996! Information technology has 206,000 miles!

It speaks for itself. I've owned information technology for 24 years. I LOVE MY TRUCK! The dealership service department did non fix my truck the first time and on the second time messed up the odometer/trip!

Bear witness full review

work horse

lot of fun, piece of work horse dear this truck simply a solid truck. gets you out of the snow, dirt, yous proper noun it ... only a great truck,

Evidence total review

The Best

This is the second one I've owned. It has plenty interior space and is the perfect sized pickup. Very few problems since ive owned it. Basic maintenance is all actually. I dearest it!!!!

Show full review

Reliable Dice Hard Engine

This truck just keeps going! Ranger engines built before year 2000 are known as 'Die Hard'. If you need a basic work truck or fixer-upper this is the one for y'all! But two owners, new brakes and power boosters, bed liner good condition.

Show full review

It has been very strong running

About this 96 Ford Ranger 4 by 4 six months agone running good up until the other day I've developed a misfire on Cylinder vi I replaced everything to practise with this parking organization still have not figured out what's causing it I love the way this vehicle runs and rides just wish I could figure out this upshot

Show total review

I accept had eight of these downwards though the years few

Peachy trucks all have been practiced to me. The eighths was the best trucks. Wish they would first making them once more. The 99 I have now needs some forepart piece of work from rust but still runs keen.

Show full review

Good Rig

This car is versatile...It did all I asked of it...Reliable? The Ford Ranger is nearly as reliable every bit they come...Good rig to ain...I like it!

Show full review

Wish I could get a new 1

The best vehicle I ever owned. I had mine for fifteen years. Prior to that a relative had information technology for 7 years. Never a problem. Not one.

Show total review

Best Vehicle Owned!

My ranger is the most reliable and economical vehicle I have ever owned. Mine is a 4 cylinder so gets bang-up gas mileage. Great little driver and I do non haul large or heavy items and so a bigger truck is a huge waste of money. I wish the auto makers would keep the midsized truck modest or midsized. All the new Ranger, Colorado, Tacoma'south are getting then large and expensive, you might also get a full size. Honey my 96 ranger!

Evidence full review